Please note this article was written by Healthstin.
$99.00 Comprehensive Health and Fitness Assessment with our Exercise Physiologists including Body Composition Analysis and Exercise Guidelines and Recommendations.
From heart disease to mental health and cancer, exercise can be seen as a type of medicine. When used appropriately it has been demonstrated to be an effective and safe way of treating a number of medical conditions.
If you are new to exercise or have had a change in your health status, it’s important to be guided by a knowledgeable practitioner with a thorough understanding of your condition/s. This includes knowing how to prescribe exercise that is safe, effective and appropriate based on your needs. Our Healthstin Exercise Physiologists are university-trained health professionals that have experience and knowledge in designing exercise programs for people with various medical conditions. These include the prevention, treatment and management of:
- Disabilities (including Neurological and Neuromuscular Disorders)
- Rehabilitation after Stroke
- Pre-diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Strength and Conditioning
- Heart Disease (cardiovascular disease)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) and Dyslipidaemia (high cholesterol)
- Weight Control
- Pre-and Post-Surgery (hip and knee)
- Genetic Conditions
- Balance and Falls Preventions
- Work-related injuries
- Mental Illness (depression, anxiety, PTSD)
If you want to take better control of your health, exercise can be the tool that you are missing. Our team of exercise physiologists are offering an exclusive Comprehensive Health and Fitness Assessment that includes Body Composition Analysis and Exercise Guidelines and Recommendations for BlueFit Members.
What to Expect at Your Exercise Physiology Consultation?
- Discussion of your current health, medical and exercise history. This helps us to identify what your main concern is with your health and how to tailor a program to your specific needs.
- We want to teach you how to better take control of your health by understanding what your goals are, managing potential barriers to achieve those goals, discussing a plan towards self-management and motivators for your optimal health and wellbeing.
- Conduct a number of strength, endurance, flexibility, range of motion, balance and current capabilities tests to assess your functional movement and fitness capacity
- Go beyond just a number on the scales with a Body Composition Analysis that breaks down the understanding of fat mass, lean muscle mass, visceral adipose tissue and more to better guide your exercise program
- Exercise guidance and recommendations to help direct you in the right direction to achieve optimal health and wellbeing
Want to get started? You can book in by contacting 1300 090 931 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Implementing your plan. Our Exercise Physiologists guide you through your personalised exercise program either in a warm-water setting or the gym. Each exercise will be deconstructed to gather an understanding of its purpose and education will be provided to help guide you. You can book this following your initial consultation.
For everyone who completes their initial consultation with Healthstin, we have an exclusive one-on-one 12-week program that includes:
2 x 45 minutes sessions a week with an Exercise Physiologist
Ongoing monitoring and support
Personalised program to follow between sessions
Education and advice on lifestyle and behaviours impacting your health and well-being
Healthstin Hoodie on completion
Post-Program health and fitness assessment, including body composition.
Heavily discounted at $2,000 (saving of over $900.00!)
No. Exercise Physiologists are first-contact, primary healthcare professionals in Australia and that means that you can book an appointment without seeing your doctor first. Many of our patients are referred from GPs and specialists but many choose to see us themselves.
Exercise physiology is covered by private health funds as part of “extras” cover and we have HICAPS facilities to charge your health fund on the day of the appointment. The amount that your private health fund pays depends on your policy.
Exercise physiology is generally not covered by Medicare but you can get partial funding from Medicare through a Chronic Disease Management Plan if your GP refers you with one of these.