Healthstin has partnered with Arthritis New South Wales to deliver a revolutionary hybrid program at our Healthstin Clinic in Bexley Aquatic Centre. This ‘Best of Both Worlds’ warm water and land-based Strength and Balance program is run by our trained Accredited Exercise Physiologists.
BENEFITS OF WARM WATER PROGRAM
- Pain Management to allow the reduced pressure on joints, muscles and bones
- Pre- and post-surgery rehabilitation to promote faster recovery and restore mobility
- Increase flexibility and overall movement
- Improve general fitness, strength, balance, endurance and stamina
- Promotes circulation to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Enhance mental health and overall wellbeing
- Weight loss and management
BENEFITS OF LAND-BASED PROGRAM
- Resistance training has been shown to reduce potential arthritic pain due to the increase in strength of the muscles surrounding the arthritic joints
- Helps to maintain good joint function, mobility, flexibility and range of motion
- Improves muscle strength and reduced falls
This unique program is a term based (10 weeks structure), whereby one class will be in a warm water pool and the other in the state-of-the-art gym facilities. In this way, there is more potential diversity of benefits from the exercises in the two different environments. And to make it even better you will be supervised by a highly trained allied health professional!
CLASS PROGRAM SCHEDULE
• 10:30am Tuesday: Land-based Class (45-50mins)
• 8:00am Thursday: Warm Water Class (45-50mins)
Please download this Medical Clearance Form and have this completed by your GP. This is to ensure that the program is safe and suitable for you to participate in.
$24.00 per week ($12.00 per class)
Healthstin Clinic at Angelo Anestis Aquatic Centre, 98C Preddys Rd, Bexley North NSW 2207.
If this sound like something you would like to participate in, please send an email to email@example.com or contact the Arthritis New South Wales office on (02) 9857 3300 or if you would like to learn more information click the link here.